Oral surgery can be necessary for many conditions. Most of the time, our team will work with you to handle any type of health problem you have in the least invasive but most effective manner possible. We do not recommend any oral surgery procedures until after we have eliminated any other options available to you.
Most importantly, we always want to ensure you are getting the highest level of protection possible. If you think you need to see an oral surgeon, call Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza at 281-974-3434 for immediate help.
When Do You Need an Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery is a type of invasive process. Like all types of surgery, these procedures do carry some risks. Yet, when we recommend them, it is often because it is the best solution for you. There are some instances in which this may be necessary.
- Impacted teeth: These are teeth that are stuck. They are trying to emerge from the gums, but they are unable to do so. Often, they get stuck half exposed. Because they can become painful and create alignment risks, your oral surgeon will recommend removal.
- Missing teeth: If you have missing teeth due to decay or damage, you can have oral surgery procedures to add in dental implants. This can help you to get an artificial tooth in place quickly.
- Loose teeth: Our goal is to help ensure you do not lose any teeth possible. Loose teeth may require treatment under the gumline. Surgery may be beneficial at helping to remove plaque buildup lurking there, a common cause of loose teeth.
- Breathing problems: In some situations, the tissues in the mouth may be causing you to struggle with sleep apnea or other types of breathing problems. You may need to turn to an oral surgeon to remove or change these tissues to allow for improved breathing.
- Wisdom teeth: For most people, wisdom teeth should be removed. Because they are hard to clean and tend to come in at odd angles, there are few benefits to keeping them. Our oral surgery procedures can remove these, most often, in your late teens and early 20s.
- Jaw misalignment: Some people struggle with a misalignment of the jaw. This can cause pain and problems with chewing and biting. Surgical procedures are available to fix this problem and can be very effective in doing so.
What Should You Do Next?
If you are having any type of tooth problem, reach out to our team for an appointment. We will provide you with a comprehensive exam to determine the best type of treatment for the concerns you have. As a full-service dental office, we offer a range of solutions, including:
- Onsite oral surgeon
- Periodontal disease specialists
- Dental implant specialists
- Pediatric care specialists
- Cosmetic dental specialists
Let our team provide a comprehensive exam to determine if we can avoid oral surgery. If we can do so, we will. Otherwise, we can work closely with you to have the problems taken care of as soon as possible. Improving your smile and oral health is our priority. Let us help you love your beautiful, healthy smile again.
Finding the Right Help Is Possible at Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza
If you need oral surgery or suspect you may have a condition that requires one of these procedures, don’t wait. Call our exceptional treatment team to schedule a consultation with our oral surgeon. Our team is here to help you determine the right type of procedure for your best oral health outcome.