Dental emergencies don’t just happen on weekdays from 9 to 5. That’s why it’s important to have access to weekend care. As a busy, working parent, it takes time to shuttle the kids to the dentist’s office after school. And making school-day pediatric dentistry appointments means they miss out on important classwork. Saturday hours are convenient for many families, and when you make Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza your choice of family dentists, you’ll have access to dentists open on Saturday.
Avoiding Dental Emergencies
Of course, the best way to avoid experiencing a weekend dental emergency is to practice healthy dental habits. This means seeing your dental professional regularly and taking excellent care of your teeth at home. For instance, a good oral hygiene regimen should include:
- Brushing your teeth after every meal
- Flossing at least twice a day
- Avoiding sweet, sugary foods and sodas
- Routine professional teeth cleanings and exams
- Addressing dental issues as soon as possible
- Eating a healthy diet
As a parent, you can teach your children healthy ways to care for their teeth. These may help you avoid searching for dentists open on Saturday, accordingly.
In the Event of Orofacial Injuries
Unfortunately, even the best dental hygiene practices won’t save you from the occasional tooth or gum injury, especially if you or your child plays sports. Common orofacial injuries that may require the services of dentists open on Saturday include:
- Luxation: Luxation occurs when trauma dislodges a tooth from its socket but stops short of expelling it. This can happen if you receive a blunt hit to your mouth or if you fall, striking your teeth on something solid, such as concrete. Luxated teeth are often painful and require emergency dental care. Often your dentist will be able to repair the damage and save the teeth.
- Avulsion: This occurs when a tooth is forcefully expelled from your mouth. This, too, is often painful. It can happen as the result of a fight, an accident, or other facial trauma. Weekend injuries may require treatment from dentists open on Saturday. Sometimes, your dentist may be able to replant the avulsed tooth or use cosmetic dentistry services to replace it.
- Chipping and Cracking: When you chip or fracture a tooth, you run a risk of infection and more. This injury may or may not be painful, depending upon how it affects the tooth. It still requires treatment, however. Not only will treatment improve the appearance of your smile, but it will prevent further damage. Chips and fractures often occur as the result of biting down too hard on a solid object. Tongue piercings are also common culprits in this injury.
With dentists open on Saturday, you can reduce your wait time and costs. Emergency procedures are usually limited when they’re outside of normal business hours. But coming in during extended hours gives your family access to a full range of services.
Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza: Your Dentists Open on Saturday
Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza is a full-service family dental practice that offers everything your family needs to cultivate bright, beautiful smiles. Serving patients of all ages, from infants through adults, we employ specialists in every dental area, including pediatric, general, and cosmetic dentistry. We also offer emergency care for dental problems that can’t wait.
Your family can benefit from the following services:
- Teeth polishing
- Teeth whitening
- Periodontal services for gum issues
- Dental bonding and veneers
- Dental braces for children, teens, and adults
When you need quality dental care in the Meyerland Plaza area, call Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza at 832.551.3318. Our friendly and professional staff is waiting to book an appointment that fits your busy schedule.