Our prosthodontics services are always designed to fit your needs. That includes helping you with teeth replacement for missing teeth. If you have lost your teeth for any reason, our team will work closely with you to determine if a dental implant procedure is the best step for you. This is a permanent, long-lasting solution that may improve your oral health and smile.
At Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza, we are committed to providing solutions to you that are the best available. Contact us today at 281-974-3434 to set up your first appointment.
What Happens During the Dental Implant Procedure?
The number of steps in a dental implant procedure can differ. However, there’s an overall procedure we follow:
- Extraction of the tooth: The first step involves removing the existing tooth if present. The goal here is to ensure the area is properly cared for and heals well after the tooth is removed. We want to treat any infection present.
- Graft the socket: It is critical that enough healthy bone be present in the area where the dental implant procedure will take place. In some cases, we need to graft bone to this area to do this. After this, we’ll give the jaw time to heal.
- Place the dental implant: In this component of the dental implant procedure, we are placing the actual implant, or fixture, into the area. This will allow the bone to grow around the area as it heals into place. This is the main step in the process. It will take a bit of time for this to heal. The implant is going to work as your tooth root.
- Deliver the abutment: This is the component that attaches to the implant. It will be placed to then hold the crown into place. This can only be done once the implant is secure. It allows for soft tissues to form around it in a healthy, natural way.
- Take impressions: Once all of this is done, the only step left is the crown addition. However, before we can do that, we have to create a crown to be used. We do this by taking final impressions. This is generally done a couple of months after the implant is in place.
- Place the crown: The final step then is to add the crown to the dental implant and abutment.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
If you have missing teeth, you do not have to live with it. Teeth replacement is an option with prosthodontics. Our team is available to help you, including providing you with a more thorough dental implant procedure breakdown.
To get started, come in to see us. We encourage you to use our team for all of your needs, such as:
- General dentistry and exams
- Teeth cleanings
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Dental implant procedures
- Oral surgery needs
With exceptional care and modern methods, we are here to help you. Let us help improve your missing teeth to give you a smile you desire.
Seek Out a Consultation at Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza
If you think you may need a dental implant procedure, we encourage you to reach out to our team today. Our team is experienced with a variety of cosmetic dentistry practices, and we can provide the care and support you need to get a healthy smile.
At Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza, we’re proud to offer a range of prosthodontics procedures that can help you with missing teeth. Our team uses the most modern and innovative solutions to improve your dental health outcome. Contact our team at Lovett Dental Meyerland Plaza today for an appointment. Call 281-974-3434 now.